March is Ovarian Cancer Month. Ovarian cancer affects the ovaries that store eggs in order to reproduce.
Symptoms of ovarian cancer could include:
- A swollen tummy or feeling bloated.
- Tenderness within the stomach
- no appetite or feeling full quickly
- needing to pee more often
- Constipation or Diarrhoea
- Back Pain
- constant fatigue
- loosing weight without trying
- bleeding from the vagina, after the menopause.
You are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer if you:
- inherited a faulty gene such as the BRCA genes
- have had breast cancer or bowel cancer
- had radiotherapy treatment for a previous cancer
- Have endometriosis or diabetes
- Started your periods at a young age or went through the menopause late or not had children
- are taking HRT (Hormone replacement therapy)
- Are overweight
Call your GP today if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, and have concerns or worried.