Austism is a learning disability and those diagnosed with autism may act slightly differently to other people. People with Autism may:
- find it hard to communicate and interact with other people
- find it hard to understand how other people think or feel.
- find things like bright lights or loud noises overhwhelming, stressful or uncomfortable
- get anxious or upset about unfamiliar situations or social events
- take longer to understand information
- do or think the same things over and over
if you or your child can recognise symptoms of autism, then it is really important that you talk to someone about this. this could be:
- your GP
- a health visitor
- Any other professional
- Special Educational Needs (SENCO) staff at your child’s school.
From this an autism assessment may be carried out by a team of autism specialists. At the end of the assessment you will be given a report clarifying if you or your child are autistic.
For easy read information and videos, please click the link here.